Monday, April 7, 2008

FOR THE CURE my square is for my mother who is cancer free one year

THIS IS MY 2X2 INCH FABRIC PIECE THAT WILL BE MADE INTO A DOLL WITH MANY OTHER ARTIST SQUARES. IT WILL BE AUCTIONED OFF ON EBAY BY MONICA MAGNESS .. TO BENEFIT SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE.
Until then know, I THANK YOU from the depths of my heart for working with me to create this doll. I believe your story and participation will forever be a part of me and I know your art square WILL always be etched in my brain. I've come to know most of you through your art, a journey I absewlutely treasure. My wonderful husband, Jeff Magness has PUT UP with me during these bizzy days, helping to clean, cook, and pamper ME while also helping to make postal runs, photograph squares and our doll. He graciously gives YOU (Pink Artist) permission to swipe photos of YOUR SQUARE and of OUR DOLL to post and share on your blog. Our collaborative effort made this doll possible, our support for breast cancer research CREATED this project. I appreciate your commentary, your thank you's, but mostly your partication for getting involved and making this world a better place. ...I dedicate this doll to my adventurous Uncle Carlos who I believe watched over this project from heaven with delight, guiding my hand and soul and helping me to smile through the entire process even while pinpricked. I dedicate this doll to my gorgeous aunts, Dee & Mary for supporting this journey with their love, their "oohs & ahhhs," and for spreading the word about our project to coworkers and friends. -smile- I dedicate this doll to my mother, Mary who taught me to sew, who loves me unconditionally and who checks in on my blog daily for new progress. Mom, you are the BEST! and my BIGGEST fan! Thank you! I love you! ...Now, it's YOUR turn! Make a post... show off the doll YOU helped make. Dedicate it to a friend who touched your heart, a family member who supports you unconditionally. Tell someone thank you for touching your life in a profound way. Make a difference in someones life. Live Life Beautifully. See ya soon! Now that I'm freed up for a time, I'm ready to make rounds and READ YOUR BLOG. :) ... Huge thank you to Kat West for creating the dolls stunning necklace (doubles as a bracelet for the owner), to Alma Stoller for making this awsum art purse for our gal and to Carol Strand-Siebers for providing the way kuhl collage sheets used on the base of the doll. You girls are amazing and these pieces fit PERFECTLY. Art on! Posted by girl_gone_thread_wild at 10:48
THIS IS THE DOLL MADE BY A FANTASTIC ARTIST WHO TOOK 100'S OF ONE INCH ART SQUARE MADE BY MANY,, ME TOO TO SELL ON EBAY TO RAISE MONEY TO HELP FIND A CURE FOR BREAST CANCER.. I HAVE HER NAME IN A OLD POST UNDER PINK ARTIST

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Bloggers Unite




50 ways

puppies behind bars

puppies behind bars
this is fantastic

raise a puppy to help the blind