Wednesday, October 13, 2010

RICK DERWITSCH ON ARTFIRE.. FEEL THE CALM OF HIS WORK

The original painting of "The Dappled Maple"was created plein air, in two sittings, in oil on panel, at a landtrust in Winchester Center, Connecticut. On a mild afternoon in earlyspring I hiked through the melting snow, lugging my easel, to thislovely spot where the sun poked through and danced on the landscape.




Atone time this land was a dairy farm but has since been turned over to aland trust, where locals can wander to recall and imagine some of the history of our shared community. I imagine there is someplace like thisnear you too.



Giclee prints of "The Dappled Maple" are available for sale at my ArtFire Studio.
My Studio link: rickderwitsch.artfire.com


My Blog Link: thingsrickdoes.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Bloggers Unite




50 ways

puppies behind bars

puppies behind bars
this is fantastic

raise a puppy to help the blind