Monday, October 18, 2010

BEAUTIFUL WORK BY UNIQUELY JEN QUILT CREATIONS ON ARTFIRE

In 1998, I was able to devote more time to quilting and in addition to teaching I began to sell my creations. My business, Uniquely Jen Quilt Creations was launched and I have sold my creations at stores, gallaries and craft fairs since then. Rather than follow standard quilt patterns, I enjoy creating and implementing a quilt from my own designs or by manipulating a pattern. Many of my designs have three dimensional elements created by "fussy" cutting fabrics and using silk florals to create unique quilts. These designs are usually made into wall hangings that are now adorning walls around the US as well as the world including such places as Taiwan, China, The Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Germany and England.

In addition to my designed creations I also quilt a variety of other items including full size bed quilts, memory quilts made from photographs or t-shirt emblems, lap quilts, baby quilts, table runners, placemats and hot pads that are useful as gifts or home decor.

In February 2009, I had an exhitit of my quilts at Artisans At the Dahmen Barn in Uniontown, WA. I also have items for sale on an on-goinging basis at the "Barn" store.

After attending a workshop at Gail Harker's Design Studio in Oak Harbor, WA, I have been creating more art quilts.


HTTP:/WWW.ARTFIRE.COM/USERS/UNIQUELYJENQUILTSCREATIONS

No comments:

Post a Comment


Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Bloggers Unite




50 ways

puppies behind bars

puppies behind bars
this is fantastic

raise a puppy to help the blind