Thursday, August 20, 2009

CRICKETS CREATIONS

FUN ,YUMMY, COLORFUL,BOLD SCARFS AND BLANKETS.. 13 PAGES OF COSMIC COLORS!!! PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS FANTASTIC ARTIST....FOR HUMANS AND PETS TOO! by CricketsCreations profile shop contact And here's an interview for both scarves and Fringies: Interview Q & A for Dianne When did you first learn to knit? I took an elective class when I was eight years old. From there, I studied knitting books and tried out patterns. Now I design all my own work and have tons of fun getting really creative! When did you make your first scarf and why? My muse, inspiration & support is my husband, Nicky. I made my very first scarf for him (see that first scarf, modeled by Nicky here). He loved it so much that he said, "You could sell these and people would love 'em!" And since that time in August 2007 this has become my fulltime career, so I guess he was right. :) You can see some of our wedding pics (we’re newlyweds!) here. What inspired you to begin making Fringies yarn photo props? It's kind of funny how it all went down! :) I love to "get a little crazy" with the fringe for the scarves I design and create. To me, the fringe is the playful part of the scarf that dances when we move and I like to go all out with the fringe. So, one day Bonnie Grist Johnson of Still Time Photography contacts me and asks me to make a scarf that's ALL fringe to use as a photo prop with women and girls; I was delighted! I made her my very first Rainbow Fringe-O-Rama...shortly thereafter another photog pro asked for a Bohemian Fringe-O-Rama...and I was on a roll! Then another stroke of genius came from Jane Eaton Hamilton of Jane Photo when she asked me to make her a Rainbow Fringe-O-Rama in a blanket shape. I cranked my poor, little brain and measured and fretted and the Fringie yarn photo prop was born (see that very first custom request here and here)! Thank you, thank you, Jane! What motivated you to move in the direction of fiber experimentation? I love to play with texture and color, and will use up to 50 different yarns in a single scarf or Fringie. I often start with a special request to match a backdrop, outfit or some other purpose and then just start pulling out yarns and pulling out yarns that I think will add dynamic depth and texture and interest and contrast and....all of a sudden I've got a new piece that I’m proud of! Has your style evolved since becoming a fiber artist? Hmmmm…from the outside, it may look as though my style has evolved, because I’m continually launching new design lines, such as my See Through Lightweights and Fringe-O-Rama Scarves. Really, though, it’s more like the designs are already there, just waiting to be plucked from the ether and brought to fruition. It’s very fulfilling to facilitate a piece in its journey from idea to reality. You once said that taking better pictures was the biggest steps in your success on Etsy. What was the second? I think a close second has been how very prolific I am. I now offer 200+ designs in my shop…and there are a lot more in my head that are waiting to be given life! In addition to creating new designs at least weekly, I typically make 2-3 scarves a night (and 2-5 Fringies during the day) to restock my inventory, whether for custom orders, special requests from the many retailers I supply, to sell online or getting ready for craft fairs & expos. How do you promote & find so many customers who love your work? My online boutique is how most of my customers find me. There’s also: my blog and Flickr The ways that I’ve been able to "go pro" and be so successful are to have fun, create a quality product, and cherish the customers I work for and with. It’s been a blast and I appreciate the opportunity! I so enjoy the chance to interact with my customers and get to know them as people or even friends. If you’re a professional crafter, too, please let me know if I can offer support or advice on how to succeed. YOU CAN FIND CRICKETS CREATIONS AT...HTTP://WWW.CRICKETSCREATIONS.ETSY.COM

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge
Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Bloggers Unite




50 ways

puppies behind bars

puppies behind bars
this is fantastic

raise a puppy to help the blind